1. Manage the RAF Men's U23 Football Team and provide strategic football leadership to men’s representative football as a whole.
2. Provide management and leadership to men’s representative football in order to set the conditions to achieve success across RAF Men’s Football at all levels.
3. Responsible for ensuring that the values and standards are of the highest order and develop a ‘one club’ ethos.
4. The post holder works to the Director of Representative Teams (Wg Cdr John Hetherington) and directly under Chief of Staff RAF Representative Football (Sqn Ldr Scott Hyndman).
5. The post holder should hold a minimum of a UEFA B qualification and possess a good understanding of RAF football. The appointment requires outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively both up and down the organisation. The post holder and their coaching staff should champion player development and have a full understanding of how to effectively develop young players. The post holder should understand the complexities of wider Service football and be able to act as an ambassador for RAF football.
6. The post holder is responsible for the following tasks:
a. Managing the men's U23 football squad – including appointing a professional team of staff to assist.
b. Working with the General Manager to set the highest standards for players and staff at all times.
c. Providing player information and guidance to the RAF Men’s Senior management ensuring a ‘one club’ ethos.
d. Ensure that all Staff/Players have a clear understating of a well-developed playing philosophy.
e. Work with units regarding player development and identification.
f. Represent the RAF FA at RAF football events throughout the season; including, but not limited to: the RAF Cup Final, White Cup and Festival of Football.
g. Ensure team admin is completed professionally in conjunction with the General Manager.
h. Within the specific responsibilities we expect to mount a serious challenge to win the Inter Service competition.
i. Comply with Safeguarding Code of Conduct and requirements.
7. The following core competencies are required:
Competence 1 – Coaching / Player Development
Competence 2 – Management and Leadership.
Competence 3 – Communicating and Influencing.
Competence 4 – Planning and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Please send your CV into Flt Lt Ben Burton, email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 08 May 20.
The process will begin with a CV shift, followed by an initial interview. The final candidates will be asked to attend an interview where they will be expected to deliver a presentation to show a clear vison for how they would manage the team and deliver success on and off the field. With current COVID-19 restriction this will most likely be done via skype.
More details of this requirement will be made available closer to the event. Following final interview and selection, the successful candidate will be named in June 2020.