***ONLY INTERNAL SERVING RAF PERSONNEL MAY APPLY***
- 1. A vacancy has arisen for a Women’s Football representative on the RAF FA’s Inclusivity Advisory Group. This is an exciting opportunity for a member of Women’s Football to help shape the future of RAF Football in terms of its diversity and inclusivity. The Inclusion Advisory Group (IAG) supports and advises the RAF FA on the basis of meeting its legal duties and operating in a way that meets the needs of the wider RAF community and stakeholders. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
a. Advancing the equality of opportunity for all groups, as well as having a focus on the protected characteristics;
- b. Fostering good relationships across all RAF units, so that football can be used to create positive sporting opportunities and increase participation for all;
- c. Helping to eliminate unlawful discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation, and any form of abuse directed at specific groups.
- d. Attend IAG meetings 3-4 times a year (as a minimum); these meetings usually take place 1-2 weeks before a Board of Trustee meeting, so that the IAG can feed current issues into the BoT, as required. Specifically, the IAG will:
i. Work towards achieving the next level of the Equality Standard for Sport.
- ii. Analyse data to provide intelligence and support recommendations to the RAF FA Board of Trustees (BoT).
- iii.Support the BoT’s planning process, including the setting of business objectives and targets which ensure that the needs of the whole community are met. This will include being responsible for the development and implementation of an Equality Action Plan.
- iv.Provide support to the RAF FA HQ’s community engagement, consultation, development programme and disciplinary procedures.
- v. Act as Ambassadors, as appropriate, for the RAF FA.
- vi. Bring a diverse perspective to the RAF FA.
- vii. Identify key equality issues and support the identification and delivery of solutions.
- viii. Advocate the benefits of addressing equality issues.
- ix. Assess and advise on equality impacts arising out of Board of Trustees plans.
- x. Consult with the wider community in relation to annual RAF FA plans.
- xi. Identify key issues and trends that may promote the growth of the game through inclusion and diversity interventions.
- xii. Promote inclusion and diversity in football.
- xiii. Devise, monitor and evaluate the RAF FA’s secondary KPIs for ED&I.
Any interested serving RAF personnel should contact Sqn Ldr Katy Steed (via MODNet) in the first instance, providing details of experience and motivation.